Join Lutanda for a fulfilling career
Do you have a passion to change lives for eternity
in a Christian Ministry?
Lutanda has opportunities for you to serve, and we invite you to apply.
Outdoor Activity Program Staff - Camp Toukley
Casual Positions Available
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and vibrant Program Staff to join our Program Team at our Toukley centre on the Central Coast of NSW. The Program Staff position is casual, and would suit someone who loves the outdoors and working with people, particularly children and youth.
We have a number of positions available and while there is no specific closing date we are aiming to begin training in late August / early September for our Spring/Summer season.
The main objective of the Outdoor Activity Program Staff is to ensure our campers have an enjoyable and challenging experience through facilitating outdoor program activities and engaging guests in a Christian camp centre environment. This position reports to the Program Manager.
The main responsibilities of Program Staff include:
- Running various outdoor adventure activities including high element (Giant Swing, Flying Fox, High Ropes etc.), water and other activities (Canoes, Quad Bikes, Archery etc.), with all safety aspects being the highest priority (on-the-job training provided)
- Supervising large groups of children and youth whilst running activities
- Assisting in the setup, pack down, care and maintenance of activities and activity equipment
- Assisting in the Hosting Camp Groups, including welcoming and engaging teachers and campers
- General Camp Duties, including helping serve meals, setting/packing up facilities and cleaning
- Working a variety of shift times, including midweek and weekends
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for people that have a passion for working with children and youth outdoors, and are able to effectively engage and communicate with people. You will need to adaptable and ready to help wherever needed.
As the position may also involve Christian ministry, successful applicants are required to demonstrate an active Christian faith. It is also a requirement to have a Working with Children Check on commencement.
Who is Lutanda Camp Toukley?
Lutanda is a Christian Camping and Outdoor Education ministry working with youth. Our heartbeat is to show the love of Jesus in word and deed to the youth of today. We minister to youth in schools, churches and community groups, including out of home care and intellectually disabled young people. Our Camp Toukley site is located adjacent to Tuggerah Lake on the NSW Central Coast and has been a place where young people have been encountering God through people and creation for over 60 years. Check out more about us at www.lutanda.org.au.
Applications for the position of Program Staff should include a résumé with at least two referees, including one from a Pastor. Applications can be forwarded via the button below. If you would like more information on the position, please contact the Program Manager or on 02 4355 3560.Apply now